Sexologists believe that the buttock is the primary sexual presentation site in females. Icons of culture from ancient statues of fertility goddesses to celebrities like Jennifer Lopez are evidence of this theory. Females have rounder, fuller buttocks with more fat than males.
Estrogen promotes increased fat in the buttocks and thighs, while testosterone decreases fat in these areas. Hormonal therapy is the first step in making a more curvaceous female buttock. Corset training is a practical, cost effective and non-invasive way of making the buttock look larger by decreasing the waist circumference.
Injections of fillers are controversial for buttock augmentation. The use of silicone for buttock enlargement is prohibited in the United States. Not only are there disastrous complications like overwhelming infections and death from these injections, but the long term result may become progressively worse. Patients often will have chronic infections, lumps, discoloration and pain. The injections are usually done by “pumpers” in non medical settings, using unsterile techniques with unknown substances being injected. Dr. Sinclair has treated complications from “silicone” injections and discourages this practice.
In the United States hyaluronic acid or siliconized collagen can be used to increase buttock size, but the cost issues usually make this an impractical choice. Patients that have moderate to large “love pillows” (flank fat) have a reservoir of fat available for grafting into the buttocks. This procedure is commonly referred to as “Brazilian butt lift”. It is powerful because the improvement in buttock size and shape is accentuated by the decreased waist size. The ne plus ultra of buttock augmentation uses a soft silicone implant with fat grafting to achieve a female shape. This technique allows a safe, permanent and aesthetically acceptable solution to the challenge of creating a female buttock.
Buttock Augmentation F.A.Q.
- How does Dr. Sinclair augment buttocks?
- Dr. Sinclair can increase buttock size and enhance shape by transferring your fat, placing a soft silicone implant or injecting filler.
- Does Dr. Sinclair inject silicone into the buttock?
- No. Silicone buttock injections are essentially “illegal” in the United States.
- I have heard of people doing silicone buttock injections. How is this done if this is “illegal”?
“Pumpers” inject in motels. This is often done on a first name basis with no follow up and little attention to sterile technique. You probably will not know what is really being injected and the product may not be medical grade.
Complications can occur in the short term include life ending and threatening breathing problems and infections. Even if the initial technique is uncomplicated long term problems including recurrent infections, drainage, lumps. and skin irregularities are common. Once silicone is injected it is extremely difficult to remove and will leave the patient disfigured.
- Do silicone implants have the same problems?
- No. Silicone implants are a coherent soft elastomeric silicone that is placed under the gluteus muscle by an inconspicuous incision. They can easily be removed. and are often harder to detect than breast implants.
- What about the “Brazilian butt lift”?
- “Brazilian butt lift” is a surgery where fat is removed from the trunk (abdomen and love pillows). It is a workhorse technique because it also contours the flank giving the buttock a better curve and proportion. It is patient friendly because it has little pain and allows for a quick recovery. A problem with this technique is that many patients do not have enough fat for the desired correction. Dr. Sinclair does not recommend gaining weight to increase the fat harvest. The most dramatic results occur when the Brazilian butt lift is used in combination with a buttock implant.
- Do buttock implants “leak”?
- No the type of implant used by Dr. Sinclair is a soft elastomer and cannot leak.
- Is it comfortable to sit with buttock implants?
- The implants are place above the sitting area of the buttock (ischial tuberosity). The patient does not sit on the implants.
- How long does fat last?
- Half of the fat volume is expected to last “forever”. Half of the fat volume is expected to be resorbed in the first year. Be aware of the term “fat volume”, some surgeons inject fluid along with the fat. If fat and fluid are injected together there will be a much greater amount of resorption.
We invite you to contact us for a free consultation to discuss how best to suit this procedure to your physique.